- 4 peppers (about 24 oz)
- 12 oz turkey bolognese (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 7 oz bag of arugula or lettuce
- dressing of choice or olive oil + vinegar
- salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers and remove top, seeds and membranes.
- Prepare bolognese and rice as directed.
- Stir together bolognese, rice, 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional) and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Stand peppers in baking dish and divide rice mixture between the peppers.
- Top with remaining cheese and top baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, broiling for 2-3 minutes at the end if necessary to brown cheese.
- Meanwhile prepare salad: toss greens with favorite dressing or a simple combination of a drizzle of olive oil, splash of vinegar and salt & pepper.