Easy slow cooker chicken stroganoff takes minutes to prepare and is a healthy, satisfying meal.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 12 oz. condensed mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 8 oz. container mushrooms
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. egg noodles (or favorite pasta), cooked
- salt & pepper
- In a slow cooker, place chicken in single layer at the bottom of the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup over chicken and cover.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
- If eating right away, prepare pasta as directed.
- If adding mushrooms, clean, remove stems and slice mushrooms.
- In a medium saute pan, add 1 tsp olive oil and heat over medium-high.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5-6 minutes. Let all water evaporate and remove from heat.
- Shred chicken (should break up easily with a spoon or tongs) and stir in peas and mushrooms.
- Serve over pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
If the chicken mixture seems runny after it’s done cooking, shred chicken, stir in peas, and let sit for 5 minutes. It should set up a bit.
Keywords: chicken stroganoff, easy chicken dinner, slow cooker chicken