Easy panko-crusted fish takes about 20 minutes to make and is SO delicious.
- 16 oz. white fish (like cod, barramundi, tilapia)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2–3 Tbsp. lemon juice (from 1 lemon juiced and zested)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 frozen crushed garlic cubes (or 2 cloves, minced)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread panko on a large plate. Pat fish fillets with paper towel. Spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture onto fillets and then dip into panko, pressing to help panko stick. Spread mayonnaise on other side, and press into panko mixture, so both sides of fish have the mayonnaise and panko crust.
- Heat large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add butter to pan. (If cooking in batches, reserve some of the butter.) Swirl pan so butter mixture coats the bottom of pan. When the butter is hot and sizzling, add fillets.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, gently flip over, and cook another 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- While last of fish is cooking, cook spinach.
- Heat large, deep pan over medium heat and add butter and garlic. Stir until butter is melted and add spinach, tossing to wilt spinach. Should only take 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Make sure the pan is hot enough before you add the fish. The butter should sizzle, or you can test by flicking some water on the pan. If it sizzles, it’s hot!