Easy minestrone soup is simple to make and packed with veggies and protein. It’s a healthy, satisfying comfort food dinner!
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1–15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 26 oz jar of marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, parmesan cheese
- Clean and prepare vegetables.
- Chop onion. (about 1 cup chopped onion)
- Cut celery lengthwise and then chop. (about 1 cup chopped celery)
- Cut carrots lengthwise and then chop. (about 1 cup chopped carrots)
- Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise and then chop. (about 2 cups chopped zucchini)
- Mince garlic.
- Heat oil in large stock pot. When hot add onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini to pan and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, broth, and marinara to pot and stir together.
- Bring to a boil, and lower heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition facts don’t include toppings.
If you wanted to save some extra time, you could also buy the pre-packaged containers of mirepoix: onion, celery, carrot. Use 3 cups total.
Keywords: soup, minestrone soup, easy dinner