All the taco flavors your family loves, in an Mexican ground beef casserole! This EASY ground beef rice casserole takes just 10 minutes to prep.
- 1 1/2 cups rice (6 servings)
- 16 oz. ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium green zucchini
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 6-oz. cans rotel (diced tomatoes with chiles)
- 1 cup corn kernels
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- Prepare ingredients:
Make rice according to package instructions.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and ground beef to pan, cooking until browned, about 4-6 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and remove from heat.
- Stir in zucchini, rotel, and corn.
- Layer rice in 9×13 pan and top with half of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and top with remaining beef and cheddar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- While casserole is cooking, make guacamole: mash together avocado with a sprinkle of salt to taste.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and green onions.
- Rice: Make ahead or use microwavable rice to speed up the prep time!
Keywords: mexican ground beef casserole, ground beef and rice casserole, easy casserole recipes