Use my slow cooker black beans for these easy huevos rancheros! It’s a vegetarian cook once, eat twice meal that the whole family will have fun with. Cuban-style beans and rice for the first meal, and these huevos rancheros for the second. Serve with cucumber mango salad.Print
Easy Huevos Rancheros with Salsa
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Slow cooker black beans make this easy huevos rancheros super simple! We’re using salsa for an easy, but flavorful shortcut.
- 2 cups slow cooker black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- toppings: salsa, cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, sliced avocado
- Combine the black beans and salsa in a sauce pan over medium heat and simmer black beans with salsa. Lightly mash and thicken mixture. Season with salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to taste). Turn down heat to keep warm.
- Fry the eggs (sunny side up is best, but you could also scramble).
- Heat tortillas as directed. I prefer charring them lightly over the gas stove, but you can also heat in a hot pan or in the microwave.
- Layer tortillas with beans, fried egg and any additional toppings as desired. Serve with cucumber and mango salad.
- Recipe calls for slow cooker black beans, but canned or cooked beans can also be used.
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings, but they should definitely be added!
- Add an egg to help make this more filling.
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.