Use my slow cooker black beans for these easy huevos rancheros! It’s a vegetarian cook once, eat twice meal that the whole family will have fun with. Cuban-style beans and rice for the first meal, and these huevos rancheros for the second. Serve with cucumber mango salad.Print
Slow cooker black beans make this easy huevos rancheros super simple! We’re using salsa for an easy, but flavorful shortcut.
- 2 cups slow cooker black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- toppings: salsa, cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, sliced avocado
- Combine the black beans and salsa in a sauce pan over medium heat and simmer black beans with salsa. Lightly mash and thicken mixture. Season with salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon and adjust to taste). Turn down heat to keep warm.
- Fry the eggs (sunny side up is best, but you could also scramble).
- Heat tortillas as directed. I prefer charring them lightly over the gas stove, but you can also heat in a hot pan or in the microwave.
- Layer tortillas with beans, fried egg and any additional toppings as desired. Serve with cucumber and mango salad.
- Recipe calls for slow cooker black beans, but canned or cooked beans can also be used.
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings, but they should definitely be added!
- Add an egg to help make this more filling.