Looking for a healthy turkey burger recipe? This juicy turkey burger recipe checks all the boxes. It’s got plenty of flavor (hi, buffalo butter sauce!), fresh toppings, and makes a super fast and easy meal perfect for summer grilling or weeknight dinners. Grill or pan fry these healthy turkey burgers, totally up to you! Serve easy turkey burgers with my blue cheese slaw for the perfect buffalo sauce side.
How to Cook Healthy Turkey Burgers:
As always with my weeknight dinners, this grilled turkey burger recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- Mix buffalo butter sauce. Melt butter in microwave and stir in buffalo sauce. Set aside.
TIP: If this buffalo butter sauce solidifies, microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Prep burgers. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce over ground turkey and mix until just combined with your hands. Don’t overwork!
- Divide burgers. Split the ground turkey meat into 6 sections and then form into a patty shape with your hands. Lightly indent the center of the burger so it doesn’t get puffy.
- Grill burgers. Heat grill over medium-high heat and grill burgers for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Prep toppings and side. Make celery, carrot, and blue cheese slaw while burgers are cooking. Wash and dry lettuce, slice tomato and onion.
- Assemble burgers. Layer a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun and top with juicy turkey burger, a drizzle of buffalo butter sauce, slice of onion and tomato. Spread top bun with mayonnaise if using and place onto burger. DIG IN!
How to Store Healthy Turkey Burger Recipe Leftovers:
Store these (unassembled!) healthy easy turkey burgers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze this easy turkey burger recipe for 2-3 months. Let the turkey burgers thaw in the refrigerator overnight and make the buffalo butter sauce fresh.
Reheat juicy turkey burger recipe in the microwave, hot skillet or hot grill, just until heated throughout.
Juicy Turkey Burger Recipes Nutrition + Substitutions:
Each burger (with bun and toppings has 540 calories, 30 grams of protein, and 28 grams of carbohydrates. I recommend 500-600 calories (as a very general rule) for a meal, so this is right inline.
- Serve these as a lettuce wrap. It’s messy, but so good and the juicy turkey burger recipe has enough flavor to hold up to a lettuce wrap.
- Sodium – Yes, it’s on the higher side for sodium. If you need to watch sodium intake, reduce buffalo sauce in half and add a little cayenne pepper to make up for the spice.
More Easy Turkey Burger Recipes:
If you like this actually delicious turkey burger recipe, you might like some of these other:
- BBQ Turkey Burgers – These juicy burgers are infused with cheesy, bbq flavor. A family favorite.
- In-N-Out Style Turkey Burger – This ground turkey burger recipe has no shortage of toppings, just like the best burgers at In-N-Out.
- Turkey Patty Melts – Just 6 ingredients to make this quick and easy meal.
What to Serve with Ground Turkey Burger Recipes:
Every simple turkey burger recipe needs a simple side to go along with it. And this easy turkey burger recipe with buffalo butter sauce has an easy slaw created just for it! To play off of the buffalo butter sauce, I came up with a blue cheese slaw. Crunchy, cool, and SO good. Here are a few other side dish ideas:
- Celery, Carrot, & Blue Cheese Coleslaw – All the best flavors that pair with buffalo sauce. Perfect veggie side for this healthy grilled turkey burger recipe with buffalo butter sauce. (Both recipes can be made in 30 minutes!)
- Napa Cabbage Slaw – Another crunchy and cool slaw that is a great side for rich or spicy foods. Takes just 15 minutes to make.
- Simple Green Salad – Our house salad! Crunchy lettuce, creamy avocado, and more. Truly can be served with anything.
Helpful Tools for Homemade Turkey Burgers:
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – Truly the best way to know when this juicy turkey burger recipe is cooked perfectly. So worth the $15.
EASY + HEALTHY turkey burger recipe! These juicy turkey burgers are drizzled with an addicting buffalo butter sauce and take less than 30 min to make!
Buffalo Turkey Burgers:
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. buffalo sauce
- 2 lbs. ground turkey (90-93% lean)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 1 large tomato (slicing tomato)
- white onion slices
- 6 hamburger buns
- Melt butter in microwave and stir in buffalo sauce. Set aside.
- Prep burgers: mix together turkey, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce until just combined, to not overwork meat. Divide meat into 6 sections. Lightly form into patty shape, making an indent with fingers in the middle of burger.
- Cook burgers: heat grill to medium high heat. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. Alternatively, heat grill pan over medium high heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. (Or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.)
- Prep toppings:
Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
Slice onion and tomato.
- Assemble burgers: layer lettuce on bottom bun. Top with burger, a drizzle of buffalo butter, sliced onions, tomatoes, and a smear of mayonnaise if desired.
- Serve with celery, carrot, and blue cheese slaw.
Keywords: healthy grilled burger recipe, easy turkey burger, healthy turkey burger,