Easy Baked Ziti is a cozy meal that your whole family will love AND it takes only 6 ingredients and a few minutes to prep.
- 16 oz. raw chicken sausage
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 32 oz. jar of marinara sauce
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove casings from chicken sausage and cook over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes, until browned, breaking it up with the back of a spoon as you cook it.
- Cook pasta as directed, but remove from heat 2 minutes before done.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water, and 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
- Drain pasta and toss with remaining marinara sauce.
- Spread the reserved 1/2 cup of marinara on the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Layer 1/2 of each: pasta, sausage, cheese mixture in baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- I like to estimate bigger portions when it comes to nutrition facts, so you could easily get 8 servings out of this dish, but I always think it’s better to have leftovers than not enough!
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water to use if marinara and pasta mixture is at all dry.
- Reserve 1/2 cup marinara sauce to prepare baking dish.
Keywords: easy dinner, baked ziti, baked pasta