This breaded pork tenderloin sandwich recipe features a crispy pork cutlet, a pickle aioli, and a bright arugula topping on a brioche bun.
For the pickle aioli:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 1 Tbsp. pickle juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- splash of hot sauce (like tabasco)
For the pork tenderloin sandwiches:
Make pickle aioli:
- In a small food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, diced pickles, pickle juice, sliced green onion, and splash of hot sauce. Pulse or blend until mixture is smooth.
Make pork tenderloin sandwiches:
- Slice pork tenderloin into 4-6 pieces and flatten pork with a meat tenderizer into 1/2 inch slices.
- Set up breading station. Place flour on a dinner plate. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Mix together panko bread crumbs and seasoning salt on a dinner plate.
- Dust pork slices into flour mixture so that it coats both sides, shaking off any excess. Dip pork slices into egg wash and let any excess egg drip off. Lay pork tenderloin pieces into panko mixture and lightly press bread crumbs onto both sides.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F. Cook for 5 minutes, flip over, and cook for another 3-4 min or until it reaches 145 degrees F.
- Transfer pork to a paper-towel lined plate and sprinkle with sea salt.
- While pork cooks, toss together arugula and lemon juice from 1/2 lemon into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches. Toast buns lightly if desired. Spread with pickle aioli and top with pork tenderloin and a handful of lemon arugula.
Keywords: pork tenderloin sandwich recipe, pork tenderloin sandwich, breaded pork tenderloin sandwich