EASY creamy pasta with spring vegetables takes less than 30 minutes. This pasta with spring vegetables is made with tender veg + creamy sauce.
- 8 oz. bow-tie pasta
- 3 oz. leeks (about 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced)
- 1 lb. asparagus (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups peas (frozen)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 oz. shredded parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup) + more for serving
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring medium pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserving at 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Prepare vegetables.
Trim the end of of leeks and clean with cold water.
Thinly slice white portion, discarding the dark green section.
Snap off the woody bottom of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet (biggest you have!) over medium high heat (about 6-7) and add butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan. When the butter starts sizzling, add the leeks and cook for 1 minute. Add the peas, asparagus, and 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid and cook for 3 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir in cream cheese and garlic powder until incorporated. Add some more of the pasta water if necessary.
- Add the pasta to the veggie mixture. Toss together and top with parmesan cheese, tossing again to incorporate cheese.
- Divide into bowls. Serve with shredded parmesan, additional salt and pepper and red pepper flakes if you like a little spice!
Keywords: spring pasta dish, spring vegetable pasta, pasta with spring vegetables