This spring vegetable pasta features…you guessed it…the seasons best veggies! Pasta with spring vegetables, all tossed in a super simple creamy sauce that’s reminiscent of a pasta primavera. My spring pasta dish comes together with a few pantry staples, along with leeks, asparagus, and peas for a quick weeknight dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
- Ingredients to Make Spring Vegetable Pasta
- How to Make Spring Pasta with Peas
- Pasta with Spring Vegetables FAQs
- Spring Pasta Dish Storage Instructions
- More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Pin this creamy pasta with spring vegetables recipe for later!
Ingredients to Make Spring Vegetable Pasta
This creamy spring pasta comes together with some of the best spring produce. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pasta – I use bow-tie, but any flat, small shape will work
- Leeks – Leeks are a mild onion that’s SO delicious
- Asparagus – Aim for thin stalks
- Olive oil
- Peas – I use frozen as a kitchen shortcut, but feel free to use fresh
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Spring Pasta with Peas
Let’s make spring pasta with asparagus! It’s pretty simple:
- Cook pasta. Cook according to package instructions and don’t forget to SAVE pasta cooking water when it’s done!
- Prep vegetables. Trim leeks and thinly slice. Snap off woody bottom of asparagus and cut.
- Cook vegetables. Heat butter and oil in a large 12″ skillet and saute leeks, peas, asparagus, and pasta cooking water until vegetables are tender.
- Make cream sauce. Season veggies with sea salt and black pepper and stir in cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Assemble spring pasta dish. Toss pasta into veggie mixture and stir to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Pasta with Spring Vegetables FAQs
Can I make this gluten-free?
Yes, simply use your favorite gluten-free pasta.
Is this vegetarian?
Yes, this spring pasta primavera is a simple combination of pasta, spring vegetables, and a creamy cheese sauce. If you would like to add some extra protein, I recommend chicken or shrimp.
What if my kids don’t eat vegetables?
This is a great example of one family meal – you decide what the meal is, they decide what to eat! I personally don’t pick out the vegetables even if my kids say they won’t eat them. They can do that, but I’m not going to do it for them. 😉
Spring Pasta Dish Storage Instructions
Store any leftover spring pasta primavera in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or a hot skillet until heated through.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
If you like easy spring pasta recipes like this one, you may also like some of my other easy pasta recipes:
- Baked Ravioli Lasagna – This is called lazy lasagna for a reason! It’s an easy family favorite.
- Caesar Salmon Pasta Salad – This pasta dish features chewy pasta, crunchy romaine lettuce, a zippy homemade Caesar dressing (don’t worry, it’s simple), and is topped with a piece of easy grilled salmon. It’s a satisfying, delicious, and family-friendly meal.
- Garlic Shrimp with Orzo – This 30-minute meal comes together quick enough for weeknight meals, but is also night enough for a date night at home.
- Easy Kale and Sausage Pasta – Serve the whole dinner in one bowl! Simple foods come together in a flavorful way in this dish.
Creamy Pasta with Spring Vegetables
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Pasta
- Diet: Vegetarian
EASY creamy pasta with spring vegetables takes less than 30 minutes. This pasta with spring vegetables is made with tender veg + creamy sauce.
- 8 oz. bow-tie pasta
- 3 oz. leeks (about 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced)
- 1 lb. asparagus (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups peas (frozen)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 oz. shredded parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup) + more for serving
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring medium pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserving at 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Prepare vegetables.
Trim the end of of leeks and clean with cold water.
Thinly slice white portion, discarding the dark green section.
Snap off the woody bottom of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet (biggest you have!) over medium high heat (about 6-7) and add butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan. When the butter starts sizzling, add the leeks and cook for 1 minute. Add the peas, asparagus, and 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid and cook for 3 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir in cream cheese and garlic powder until incorporated. Add some more of the pasta water if necessary.
- Add the pasta to the veggie mixture. Toss together and top with parmesan cheese, tossing again to incorporate cheese.
- Divide into bowls. Serve with shredded parmesan, additional salt and pepper and red pepper flakes if you like a little spice!
Keywords: spring pasta dish, spring vegetable pasta, pasta with spring vegetables
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.