- 2 cups israeli (or pearl) couscous
- 12 oz jar of marinated artichokes, quartered or chopped
- 1 cup chopped italian (flat-leaf) parsley (about a 1/2 bunch)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 small shallots (about 1/4 cup rough chopped)
- 1/2 cup oil (olive or canola)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare couscous according to directions. (I cooked mine in salted, boiling water for about 5 minutes.)
- While couscous is cooking, prepare dressing:
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, dijon, chopped shallots, oil and parmesan cheese and blend until smooth. (I also added a few Tbsp of water to get everything moving.)
- When couscous is done cooking, drain and toss with dressing while still warm. Set aside to cool.
- Toss together couscous mixture with parsley, artichoke hearts and pine nuts.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 780
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 2