Coffee lovers listen up! This copycat Starbucks double shot recipe is soon to be your new favorite iced espresso drink to make at home. It’s light, creamy, totally delicious, and ridiculously easy to make – no barista skills required. If you’re a regular at Starbucks, you might like some of these other Starbucks copycat recipes: sweet cream cold foam, tomato basil mozzarella panini, and turkey pesto panini. And be sure to check out this Starbucks drinks for kids list!
Now, there are a few different versions of this double shot Starbucks drink:
- Canned version – You can find the canned double-shot drink at Starbucks, at gas stations, convenience stores, and at most grocery stores. It’s a great option to keep stocked in your fridge and take on-the-go. (Also my favorite drink for many, many years before I started making my own!)
- Starbucks version – You can order a “Starbucks double shot on ice” at your local Starbucks and it’s made with espresso, classic syrup (or flavored syrup), and milk.
- Homemade version – Then we have this copycat, which is made as similarly to the can as we can get it!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Double Shot Starbucks at Home
- How to Make Starbucks Double Shot Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Starbucks Double Shot Drink
- More Coffee Drink Recipes
What You’ll Love About Double Shot Starbucks at Home
- Light and creamy iced coffee drink
- Easy to make at home
- Made with 4 simple ingredients
- Takes just 5 minutes to make
You’ll need just 4 basic ingredients to make this copycat Starbucks double shot espresso:
- Espresso – You can brew your own espresso (I use an espresso machine but you could also use a nespresso machine!) or even use a concentrated cold brew or strong coffee. You’ll want to shots of espresso, or about 2 ounces. The strong coffee won’t have quite as much flavor and you may need to adjust proportions of milk.
- Sugar – You have a few options here. You can use regular, granulated sugar or a granulated sugar substitute if you prefer. You can also use a simple syrup, vanilla syrup, or any other type of flavored syrup. Add more sugar for a sweeter drink to your preference.
- Heavy cream – This helps give a rich and creamy flavor and texture.
- Milk – Use 2% low-fat milk or skim milk to keep it as close to the original version or your favorite milk alternative. (Scroll down to FAQs for more milk options.)
Here are the ingredients from the canned drink:
Brewed Espresso Coffee [Water, Coffee], Reduced-fat Milk, Sugar, Cream, Skim Milk, Ascorbic Acid
How to Make Starbucks Double Shot Recipe
Ok, let’s make this double shot drink:
- Brew espresso. We’re using a double shot of espresso so brew accordingly.
- Dissolve sugar. Stir sugar into espresso shots until dissolved. (Or add syrup here.)
- Mix drink. Combine espresso and sugar, milk, and cream into a cocktail shaker and shake until chilled. Pour into a small glass over ice and drink!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much caffeine in Starbucks espresso double shot?
The double shot Starbucks contains 110 mg of caffeine per can.
The caffeine content in this copycat version has about 120 mg of caffeine, but will vary depending on what espresso or type of coffee you use.
Can you use other milks to make this Starbucks double shot?
Yes, if you prefer to use a milk alternative, you can basically use any alternative that works well with espresso drinks. Oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and almond milk are both great options. If you use a sweetened version, you may need to adjust sugar in overall drink, but make according to your own preferences.
This Starbucks double shot espresso is best served immediately.
What to Serve with Starbucks Double Shot Drink
You’ll need some breakfast to go along with that coffee, here are a few breakfast recipes:
- PB Toast Topping Ideas
- Avocado Toast Topping Ideas
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel
More Coffee Drink Recipes
If you like this double shot Starbucks recipe, you might also like some of these other coffee and espresso drinks:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
This copycat Starbucks double shot recipe is soon to be your new favorite iced espresso drink to make at home. It’s light, creamy, totally delicious, and ridiculously easy to make – no barista skills required.
- 2 oz. espresso
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. reduced-fat milk
- Brew espresso over sugar and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Combine espresso, half and half, and milk in a shaker over ice. Shake until chilled.
- Pour over ice into small glass.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!