This Chinese garlic chicken recipe is a flavorful stir fry that the whole family will love.Print
This Chinese garlic chicken recipe is a flavorful stir fry that the whole family will love.
- 6 servings rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 8 oz. snow peas
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
- green onions (optional, for garnish)
- Prepare ingredients:
Prepare rice according to directions.
Whisk together minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and corn starch until smooth.
Cut chicken into 1″ pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add snow peas to pan and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 4-6 minutes. Season with a splash of soy sauce. Add more soy sauce or salt if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet or wok, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add chicken and garlic mixture to pan and stir fry, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice, with snow peas on the side.
- Shortcut: use microwavable or instant rice.