These EASY chicken pita sandwiches with a tasty yogurt sauce are ready in just 15 minutes. Use a rotisserie chicken to keep it easy!
- 2 cups (about 10 oz.) plain greek yogurt
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (from jar with oil)
- 1/2 head bibb lettuce
- 1 english cucumber
- small jar roasted red peppers
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 4–6 pita breads
- bag of potato chips
- Prepare ingredients:
Thinly green onions, discarding roots and ends.
Chop sun-dried tomatoes.
Wash and dry bibb lettuce.
Thinly slice cucumber.
Thinly slice roasted red peppers.
- Prepare yogurt sauce: mix together yogurt, sliced green onions, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Turn broiler on. Pull apart chicken into large pieces and place on baking dish. There will be gelatin (aka collagen!) in the bottom of the pan, scoop some of this and place on top of the meat. (Slightly gross, but helps meat from drying out!) Broil chicken in center rack for 3-5 minutes, until warm.
Note: If the pan is closer to the broiler, it will only need a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, toast pita breads and stuff with chicken, veggies, and yogurt sauce. Serve with potato chips.
- Get your kids involved! They can: mix together yogurt sauce, and stuff their own pitas.
- Serving: If your kids don’t appreciate mixing flavors or if sandwiches are hard to eat, keep the components separate.
Keywords: chicken pita sandwich