This easy + nutritious pasta salad is a meal in a bowl! Pasta, chicken, and veggies are drizzled with an addicting peanut sauce!Print
This easy + nutritious pasta salad is a meal in a bowl! Pasta, chicken, and veggies are drizzled with an addicting peanut sauce!
- 10 oz. pasta like penne, fusilli, or gemelli
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers in half moon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. sesame oil (divided)
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup half & half or water
- sesame seeds and/or sriracha for serving
- Cook chicken if it’s not already cooked.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil when it’s done cooking.
- While pasta is cooking, make dressing. Blend peanut sauce together: peanut butter, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice-wine vinegar, honey, garlic and half & half until smooth.
- Prepare ingredients:
Thinly slice chicken breast.
Thinly slice carrots on the diagonal.
Thinly slice cucumbers into half-moons. (Remove seeds if using a regular cucumber.)
Thinly slice green onions.
- Assemble pasta salad. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, chicken, and vegetables with peanut sauce, reserving about 1/2 cup peanut sauce for drizzling.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sriracha if desired.
- Meal Prep: You can make this salad ahead of time, but don’t add the cucumbers until it’s time to eat or they’ll get mushy.