One pot meals are pretty amazing, don’t you think? Throw everything together in a pan? Cook. EAT. This chicken enchilada pasta is a delicious way to eat up that leftover chipotle bbq chicken you’ve already made…but in a totally delicious, new way. My spicy chicken chipotle pasta is super flavorful, because we’re cooking the pasta in a mixture of enchilada sauce and broth. YUM!!!! I recommend serving this chipotle chicken pasta with a simple side salad for the easiest weeknight dinner around.
This one pan enchilada pasta is technically the second meal of a ‘cook once, eat twice‘ meal – my method for maximizing your time in the kitchen and it comes especially handy during busy weeknight dinners.
First step is to make the bbq chipotle chicken, then you’ll be ready for the chicken enchilada pasta.
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet:
This spicy chicken chipotle pasta comes together super fast! Our crock pot chipotle bbq chicken is already cooked, so now it’s just time to make the skillet pasta.
- Boil broth and enchilada sauce. Combine the two in a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook pasta. Add pasta to skillet and cook until not quite al dente. (It will continue to cook, so better to under-cook it than cook it too long.)
- Prep toppings and/or salad. While the pasta is cooking, slice the green onions. When I serve this for the weeknight dinner club, we include a side salad – that should also be prepped at this point.
- Finish the spicy chicken chipotle pasta. Stir in the chicken, beans, and corn, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in shredded cheese.
- Serve with green onions and hot sauce if desired.
How to Store One Pot Enchilada Pasta Leftovers:
This easy chicken enchilada pasta should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
I don’t recommend freezing it as pasta can get mushy in the freezer.
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta Nutrition + Substitutes:
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
Get Your Kids Involved in Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta:
Have your kids help in little ways with this creamy chicken enchilada pasta recipe. Young kids will love helping, even if it’s just as simple as rinsing black beans or scooping corn!
They can: rinse black beans, scoop frozen corn, prep salad.
More Pasta Recipes:
Pasta is a weeknight dinner staple at our house (and weekend, who am I kidding?!). Here are some of our favorite easy pasta recipes:
- Easy Baked Gnocchi – Yes, you can bake gnocchi. Dinner prep is done in 10 minutes!
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta – Another skillet pasta recipe! This one simplifies chicken parm, making it fast and easy enough for weeknight dinners.
- Lasagna Soup – If you love the flavors of lasagna, you’ll love this soup!
- Orecchiette with Sausage & Broccoli – This method (using sausage for flavor) is a favorite of mine, and a delicious way to eat your veggies!
- Spicy Shrimp with Garlic – Classic. Super simple. And no shortage of garlic.
Helpful Tools for Chipotle Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan with Cover – This deep skillet (5 qt.) can handle this cheesy chicken enchilada pasta recipe!
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover chipotle chicken pasta casserole in glass containers for easy re-heating.
Dinner in 20 mins? YES, with this chicken enchilada pasta skillet. 8-ingredient spicy chicken chipotle pasta is an EASY, family-approved meal.
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
8 oz. fusilli pasta
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups chipotle chicken, roughly chopped
1 cup frozen corn
14.5 oz. can black beans, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 green onions
2 cups chicken broth
In a large skillet, bring broth and enchilada sauce to a boil.
Add pasta and salt to skillet, stir to combine, and cover. Cook until pasta is just short of al dente, usually about 6-7 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice green onions and prep salad ingredients. Dice tomato, chop avocado, chop cilantro.
Add chicken, corn, and black beans to skillet. Stir in and cook until hot, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Serve with green onions, hot sauce if you like, and a green salad on the side.
Get your kids involved! They can: rinse black beans, scoop frozen corn, prep salad.
Salad: Need to simplify? Serve greens with salad dressing!
Keywords: chicken enchilada pasta, enchilada pasta skillet