Sometimes I find myself in a tough predicament.
Which JCrew shirt should I order? (All five is ok, right?)
What am I going to wear on my feet on the day of my wedding? (I’m having second thoughts on the shoes I have. Eek!)
And then especially fun predicaments like, what am I going to make with a bag of leeks?
I thought about pasta. I thought about stir-fry.
But then I had a major carb and cheese craving and cheesy leek french bread was born.
So if you find yourself with lots of fresh leeks (have a garden or get them from Dad’s garden like me?) make this.
And if you don’t? Go get some leeks and then make this.
It’s not fancy, it’s not really healthy, it’s just really, really good.Print
- 2 medium-sized leeks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup (overflowing) shredded cheese (I used a blend of mozzarella, monterey jack and cheddar)
- 1/2 loaf french bread
- Clean and trim leeks.
- Slice in half length-wise and then cut into small pieces.
- Heat butter in pan.
- Add leeks and garlic and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Slice french bread in half length-wise.
- Combine yogurt, mayo, cheese and leek mixture.
- Spread leek mixture onto bread and broil for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown.