Love the flavors of lasagna but not all the effort that goes into it? This cheesy lasagna dip has all of the nostalgic flavors of lasagna, without hours of work for a low-lift, high-impact appetizer that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! This dip has layers of delicious Jones Dairy Farm pork sausage, marinara sauce, a cheesy blend of ricotta and mozzarella, and is finished off with some fresh basil. Served with garlic bread crostini for dipping, it’s absolutely perfect for holiday gatherings.
This lasagna dip recipe is brought to you proudly in partnership with Jones Dairy Farm. I’m excited to partner with them again in 2023-2024, because we’ve used and loved their products for years and they show up on our table week after week. (If you’ve ever seen my Costco hauls, you’ve seen me recommend their chicken sausages in BULK!)
This recipe features the delicious Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Little Pork Sausage Links. When I’m looking for high-quality breakfast proteins, I choose Jones Dairy Farm because I love that they are a local family business, picky about their ingredients and methods, and most of all, because we love the way they taste. The pork sausage is INCREDIBLE! And it turns out they are versatile enough to use beyond breakfast as it totally makes this cheesy lasagna dip. They are also Certified Gluten-Free, allergen friendly, and made with all-natural ingredients which is especially helpful for families that need to pay close attention to ingredients and allergens.
Be sure to check out the other helpful posts brought to you in partnership with Jones Dairy Farm: easy breakfast for dinner ideas, sausage puff pastry tart, 5-minute breakfast board for kids, breakfast taquitos, and of course, my easy protein hack for kids.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love About Cheesy Lasagna Dip
- How to Make Lasagna Dip Recipe
- Storage Instructions
- Want More?
- More Appetizer Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Cheesy Lasagna Dip
- Nostalgic flavors
- Perfect for holidays and parties
- Delicious and a crowd-pleaser
- Easy to make
- Ready in just 30 minutes
- Made with just 6 ingredients plus spices
- Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Little Pork Sausage Links – These versatile uncooked sausages are designed for breakfast, but give incredible flavor to this lasagna dip. It is the recipe that made Jone’s famous, and they are still popular today, for good reason! You can find them in the breakfast section of the freezer aisle at your local store.
- Baguette – Look for a small French baguette so you can get small slices. You could also use premade crostini or crostini-style crackers if you prefer.
- Butter – Use high-quality butter for best flavor.
- Spices – Garlic salt, Italian seasonings
- Ricotta cheese – I recommend using full-fat for the best flavor, but use fat-free if you prefer, it will still taste delicious.
- Mozzarella cheese – While I rely on pre-shredded cheese a lot, this is a time to quickly shred your own. It does melt better and will give you cheesy pulls in every bite.
- Marinara sauce – Use a high-quality marinara sauce for best flavor. Tomato basil or a similar flavor works really well. If you want a little heat, try an arrabiata sauce. You could also use your own homemade marinara sauce.
How to Make Lasagna Dip Recipe
This is an overview on how to make lasagna dip, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Store lasagna dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat cheesy lasagna dip in a microwave or in a 375 degrees F oven until heated through.
How to prep ahead
Want to prep this ahead for a party? Cook sausage and stir in marinara sauce when it’s cooked through. Transfer sausage and sauce mixture to a baking dish and dollop with ricotta cheese mixture and shredded mozzarella. Cover with foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Bake, covered in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through. Remove foil, and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Can you freeze it?
No, because this dip is made with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, freezing is not recommended.
More Appetizer Recipes
If you like this lasagna appetizer recipe, you might also like these other easy appetizer recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Love the flavors of lasagna but not the effort that goes into it? This cheesy lasagna dip has all of the nostalgic flavors without the work.
- 1 French baguette, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 12–oz. box of Jones Dairy Farm Little Pork Sausage Links, thawed
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- Make crostini.
Preheat the broiler to high.
Spread butter on baguette slices, sprinkle with garlic salt, and place on a sheet pan in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
Broil baguette slices for 2-4 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, half of the shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- Thaw pork sausages and slice into thin slices. Heat a cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add sausage. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir marinara sauce into sausage and bring to a boil. Dollop with ricotta cheese mixture over the top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until cheese is melty, about 3-4 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil ribbons and serve with garlic bread crostini for dipping.
- To prep this ahead for entertaining: Cook sausage and stir in marinara sauce when it’s cooked through. Transfer sausage and sauce mixture to a baking dish and dollop with ricotta cheese mixture and shredded mozzarella. Cover with foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Bake, covered in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through. Remove foil, and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Keywords: lasagna dip, cheesy lasagna dip
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!