These buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are meal #2 for a buffalo chicken cook once, eat twice meal. Start with the buffalo chicken sandwiches, then turn the leftovers into this sweet and (slightly) spicy meal!
These baked sweet potatoes are topped with buffalo chicken, a blue cheese sour cream and chopped green onions. It’s sweet, spicy, and creamy. Let everyone in the family build their own and add toppings as they please.
The weeknight dinner club group was a little skeptical of this meal, but it’s been a big hit! If you need a meal that comes together in 5 minutes (we all have those nights!), bake the sweet potatoes ahead of time and mix up the blue cheese yogurt.
When you’re ready for dinner, all you need to do is heat up the sweet potatoes and chicken and top with yogurt sauce, green onions, and extra buffalo sauce if you like.Print
Spicy, sweet, creamy: the flavors are all here!
- 2 1/2 cups buffalo chicken meat
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 12 oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream or full-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (about 4 oz.)
- 3 green onions
- extra buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork.
- Microwave for 5 minutes. Carefully remove and rub with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, stir together sour cream and blue cheese. Season with pepper.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Split potatoes in half, lightly smash and layer on chicken, extra buffalo sauce if desired, blue cheese dressing, and green onions.
Keywords: buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes