This easy black bean avocado corn salad is ready in just 15 min and makes a nutritious and delicious snack, party dip, side dish, or salad. It’s similar to my corn salsa, but with the addition of black beans and avocado. The black bean corn salad is tossed with a zesty lime vinaigrette and is full of bright flavors, textures, and nutritious ingredients.
If you love black beans (we are obsessed), be sure to try my black bean quinoa salad, refried black beans, bean and cheese burritos, and turkey taco skillet next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Black Bean Avocado Corn Salad
- How to Make Black Bean Corn Salad Recipe
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Black Bean Salad with Corn to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Black Bean and Corn Salad
- More Black Bean Recipes
What You’ll Love About Black Bean Avocado Corn Salad
- Delicious flavors
- Filling and satisfying
- Perfect for a quick dinner, hearty snack, or party appetizer
- Just 15 minutes prep time
- Vegetarian and vegan-friendly
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients and some pantry staples to make this corn and black bean salad:
- Lime – Use fresh lime for best flavor.
- Vinegar – I’ve used a white balsamic vinegar for a slightly sweet flavor, but you could also use an apple cider vinegar.
- Olive oil – Use high-quality olive oil for best flavor.
- Honey – I’ve used honey but you could also use maple syrup or even sugar, just make sure it’s dissolved into the dressing. Swap the honey out for an alternative if you want it to be vegan.
- Seasonings – Salt, cumin
- Black beans – I’ve used canned black beans to keep it easy, but you could also cook your own beans.
- Corn – I’ve used frozen corn, but you could also use canned corn kernels – just drain and rinse before using.
- Onion – You can virtually use any onion here. Red onion is fantastic, but white and yellow onions or shallots will also work. (TIP: If you want your onions to have less bite, soak in cold water for a few minutes after chopping.)
- Cilantro – Look for fresh cilantro without any browning.
- Avocado – Look for ripe avocado without any mushy spots. If it’s too much of a gamble, you could also skip it.
- Extras – You can also add in other veggies or cheese. Try chopped tomatoes, diced red bell pepper, or crumbled cotija cheese.
- For serving – tortilla chips, mini bell peppers
How to Make Black Bean Corn Salad Recipe
Ok, let’s make this black bean corn and avocado salad:
- Mix dressing. Add lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey, sea salt, and cumin to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Prep ingredients. Cook corn if necessary, drain and rinse beans, mince onion, chop cilantro, dice avocado.
- Mix salad. Add corn, black beans, onion, and cilantro to dressing and toss to combine.
- Add avocado. Gently stir in avocado, being careful not to mash. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired. Chill in the refrigerator until serving, or serve at room temperature.
This avocado corn black bean salad is best served fresh or within one day. The lime juice will help preserve the avocado a bit, but it will brown after a few hours.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
TIP: To help prevent browning, gently press plastic wrap over the black bean and corn salad in storage container.
How to Serve Black Bean Salad with Corn to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Dips and spreads are popular at our house (as long as there are tortilla chips included!), but if your kids are still learning to like this black bean and corn salad with avocado, try serving a small (tiny!!!) portion in a pinch bowl as a “taster” bowl. And then be sure to include a few items you know they will eat (milk, bread and butter, fruit) are standards at our house.
All of my articles on feeding kids can be found here and if you want a FULL list of all of the videos I have with hacks, tips, scripts, and ideas for feeding kids, check out my instagram or tiktok page.
What to Serve with Black Bean and Corn Salad
I like to serve this black bean corn avocado salad as a dip, but you can also serve it as a salad. I’ll share ideas for both:
- Tortilla chips
- Mini bell peppers
- Sliced cucumbers
- Tucked into a quesadilla
- As a taco topping
- Over quinoa (similar to this black bean quinoa salad)
- Over salad greens – try romaine for crunch and arugula for a slightly bitter flavor
More Black Bean Recipes
If you like this corn and black bean salad with avocado, you might also like some of these other easy black bean recipes:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
Black Bean Avocado and Corn Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Diet: Vegetarian
Easy black bean avocado corn salad that is ready in just 15 min and makes a nutritious and delicious snack, party dip, or salad.
- 1 limes (about 2 Tbsp. juice)
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 15–oz. cans black beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- mini bell peppers
- tortilla chips
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Prep ingredients:
Thaw the corn or microwave in a small bowl for about 1 minute at a time, until it’s thawed.
Rinse and drain black beans.
- Add corn, black beans, onions, and cilantro to dressing in bowl. Toss together. Add diced avocado and gently toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with mini bell peppers and tortilla chips.
Keywords: black bean avocado corn salad, black bean corn salad avocado, black bean corn salad
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.