The BEST sausage stuffing recipe! This turkey stuffing with sausage is made with fresh herbs and will steal the show on your holiday table.
- 16 oz. loaf artisan/rustic bread (about 9 cups cubes)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. minced sage
- 1 Tbsp. minced rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. minced thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toast bread for 15 minutes, flipping half-way through, until slightly crunchy. Turn down oven heat to 350 degrees F. Cut bread into cubes (about 1 inch) and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it foams, add onion and celery to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add turkey sausage to skillet, breaking up with a spatula, and cooking for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through. Add to bowl with bread cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the chicken broth, heavy cream, and egg.
- Add fresh herbs to bread cubes and stir to combine.
- Pour chicken broth mixture over the top. Gently fold mixture together and transfer to a prepared 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown.
Keywords: turkey stuffing with sausage, best sausage stuffing recipe, Italian sausage stuffing