Wondering what to do with leftover barbacoa? This cheesy beef barbacoa enchiladas recipe is a quick weeknight meal when you use the leftover barbacoa from crock pot barbacoa! Serve with simple Tex-Mex side salad for a complete meal that’s family-approved.Print
This cheesy beef barbacoa enchiladas recipe is a quick weeknight meal when you use leftover barbacoa! Family-approved + 35 min meal.
- 2 1/2 cups leftover slow cooker barbacoa meat
- 20 oz. enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas (about 8 inches)
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat slow cooker barbacoa meat for a minute or two in the microwave and roughly chop any big pieces. (You don’t need it to be warm, but want to be able to chop it a bit.)
- Spray a 9×13 in baking dish with cooking spray and pour about 3/4 cup enchilada sauce onto the bottom of baking dish.
- Layer 1/3 cup slow cooker barbacoa onto tortilla and top with about 2 Tbsp. shredded cheese. Roll up and put seam-side down into baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and beef and cheese.
- Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until bubbly.
- While enchiladas are cooking, prep Tex-Mex side salad.
- When it’s time to eat, top enchiladas with sour cream and cilantro and top salad with ranch as desired.
- Use leftover barbacoa from slow cooker barbacoa burrito bowls.
- Enchilada sauce comes in varying levels of spice – choose what will work for your family!
- Serve the enchiladas with this simple Tex-Mex side salad.
Keywords: leftover barbacoa burritos