Start your day off right with this delicious and nutritious Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! It actually tastes a little like dessert, but is packed with nutritious ingredients to keep you satisfied all morning long.
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, etc.)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together wet ingredients: pumpkin, milk, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Lightly grease 8×8 inch baking dish with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour into baking dish and dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- You can omit brown sugar, you may just need to top with maple syrup or honey for serving.
Keywords: oatmeal, pumpkin, baked oatmeal