Guess who hasn’t cooked a thing since having a baby? ME!
Now that’s not to say we haven’t been eating well, because we have. Between my parents, our cousins and friends, we’ve been SO well-fed and SO spoiled. (Not quite as spoiled as Demi though, packages arrive on a daily basis for that girl!)
This salad was the last thing I made before I went into labor and I will definitely be making it again soon for a few reasons:
- My favorite spring vegetable is without-a-doubt, asparagus. Now is the time to eat it!
- It combines my favorite salad toppings. (hard boiled eggs! feta cheese! garbanzo beans!)
- I definitely need more salad in my life. Vegetables have been seriously lacking lately.
This salad requires a bit more than most of the salads I make, but it is SO worth it and it’s full of so many tasty things.
Butter lettuce, asparagus and radishes act as the vegetable base for this salad. We’ve got green, we’ve got crunch and…asparagus. See above.
And for flavor, protein and texture I topped the vegetables with hard boiled eggs, garbanzo beans and some thinly sliced feta cheese.
Then there’s the dressing. You can go a few ways with the dressing. My personal favorite is green goddess, but it is an extra step. You could also use french (Richie liked it with his homemade french dressing) or a simple shallot vinaigrette.
It’s pretty on a plate and is perfect for company. Serve with some crusty bread and some grilled protein like chicken or fish.
It makes me excited for salad.Print
Asparagus & Chickpea Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- ½ lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4 oz radishes (about 1 cup thinly sliced)
- 1–15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Divide lettuce leaves on 4 plates.
- Top with radishes, chickpeas, hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese and asparagus.
- Top with fresh ground pepper, a sprinkle of salt (if desired) and drizzle with dressing.
Dressing not included in nutrition facts.
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 12 grams
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.