Learn how to make this Apricot Glaze for Salmon Recipe. It’s so EASY and quick, the whole meal (side dishes included) takes just 30 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillet (4 6-oz. fillets)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (divided)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 4 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. *Note, this is less than the recommended amount of liquid.
- Prepare ingredients: Preheat broiler to high. Season salmon with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Stir together apricot preserves and dijon mustard and spread over salmon filets. Slice green onions. Mince garlic. Chop zucchini. Chop pepper.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to pan, and when it’s hot, add vegetables to pan, stirring occasionally for about 7-8 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, broil the salmon on the second or third rack for about 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, add to veggie pan and toss together. Add soy sauce to pan and stir until the liquid has evaporated.
- This recipe includes a vegetable and grain side dish, but obviously if you’re just looking for the apricot glaze for salmon recipe you can skip right to those steps.
Keywords: salmon, apricot glaze for salmon, salmon dinner, quinoa, zucchini