Breakfast. Not something I’ve been the greatest at lately.
I was on a great streak of bagel + cream cheese + avocado + tomato slices or a fried egg around 10am each day. I ate it for close to three weeks straight. Then I ran out of bagels and got desperate. Cold pizza at 11:30am? Works. Cold pizza at 3:30pm the same day? Works, but wow.
So I’ve kind of been craving a real breakfast. One that can really be counted as breakfast. Like a hearty bowl of oats. Or something a little ‘fancier’ like french toast.
Specifically, this french toast. It’s stuffed with healthy almond butter (high in vitamin E, good-for-you fats and protein) and when made with sprouted bread, it’s a breakfast full of protein and fiber that will keep you more-than-satisfied until lunch.
It’s the best way to start your day!Print
Almond Butter Stuffed French Toast
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 slices sprouted or whole-grain bread
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon in a shallow baking dish.
- Spread almond butter on two slices of the bread and top with other slice of bread.
- Add sandwiches to egg mixture, flipping after a minute or two.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat and add butter to pan.
- When the butter melts, add french toast stack to hot pan.
- Cook for about two minutes, until golden brown and flip.
- Cook for another two minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 23 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.