It’s my first Aldi meal inspiration! I’ve got plentyyyyyyy of easy Trader Joe’s meals ideas, and this time I’m here to share a school lunch idea, all made with ingredients from Aldi.
This lunch hits all of the lunch box components that I like to include (more on that below) for a nutritious, balanced lunch that your kids will eat up and love.
Obviously all kids are different, so this is really meant to be a guide and give you inspiration to make it your own!
Ingredients for Chicken Taquitos Lunch Box
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos: A fun main item that doesn’t need any prep beyond a microwave (or oven).
- Guacamole: Great source of healthy fats and plenty of vitamins and fun for dipping.
- Grape tomatoes: Always cut these in half for younger eaters!
- Clementines: The fruit option.
- Coconut Rolls: The fun option!
Lunch Box Components:
I am all about simplicity with meals, school lunch boxes included! Here are the lunch box components I like to include in all (ok, MOST!) of our packed lunches:
- Main/Protein: this can be any number of items, but I like to make sure there is a bit of protein (vegetarian or animal-based).
- Fruit: Fresh, canned, frozen, dried – it all works!
- Vegetable: Same as above, fresh, canned, frozen, dried. Switch it up and have your kids help so that it’s something they will eat. 😉
- Fun: this can be something that goes along with the meal, or just pure fun like cookies or a treat!
Do you have my printable list of over 100+ items to pack in school lunches? Print it out and put it on the fridge for easy reference!
Make it Your Own:
I always recommend getting your kids involved with meals! For school lunches, my approach is to let Demi (currently 4.5) pick out the components that she’s into that week. I may give her two options to choose from out of each list or let her pick out each component at the store.
Full disclosure, we’re new to this process so this may all change shortly and I’ll share all about it on instagram. 🙂
Favorite Lunch Box Packing Tools
There are only a few items that I use on a daily basis for packing healthy school lunchboxes. (And just lots of yummy and nutritious food.) *links below are affiliate links but does not add any additional charge to you
- Stainless Steel Bento Boxes by LunchBots: We have a few of these (trio II and cinco) and I love them SO SO much! I like the smaller size for kids and the trio II has room for main, vegetable, fruit, and then a little spot for the fun/treat component! For larger kids and adults, the cinco is a great size. I use the leak proof condiment containers for dips and sauces.
- Reusable Silicone Muffin Liners: These are great for keeping things separate within the bento box. I’ll put things like trail mix or crackers in the muffin liner, then squeeze it in the biggest bento section. They also work great for baking whole wheat blender muffins and egg cups!
- Water bottles: I serve water at lunch time, but there is never a time that we are without a water bottle! I love Contigo Kids Autospout and Kleen Kanteen Stainless Steel Sippy Cups.
More Kids School Lunch Ideas:
If you’re looking for lunch ideas that are already themed a bit, try some of these favorite bento box lunches. (And I’m always adding more to the list!)
- Easy BBQ Meatball Bento Box Lunch – Just 5 ingredients for this protein-rich and easy lunch.
- Quesadilla Bento Box Lunch – The best family-friendly and vegetarian lunch. Serve these quesadillas at room temperature or cold.
- Cute Bento Breakfast Box – All of the best breakfasts, packed in an easy bento recipe.
- Homemade Lunchables (Ham & Cheese Bento Box Lunch) – Add a little more nutrition to your lunchables! (And for a fraction of the price.)
- Lunch On A Stick Bento Box Recipe – This themed lunch always goes over well with the kiddos!
- Healthy Israeli Breakfast Bento Box – MY favorite bento box recipe…but also great for kids!
- Starbucks Protein Box – All of these components can be made or prepped ahead of time, so this lunch can be packed in a minute or two.
- Easy Tuna Salad Snack Plate – Packed with protein and nutritious ingredients.
Aldi school lunch box recipe! Grab these 5 ingredients for a quick lunch that can be prepped and packed in less 5 minutes! Nutritiously balanced, too!
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
- Classic Guacamole
- Grape tomatoes
- Coconut rolls
- Make the taquitos according to package instructions.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Start peeling clementine for younger kids.
- Pack all components.
- Swap out guacamole for creamy salsa (salsa + sour cream) if desired.
Keywords: lunch box