If you’re the person that loves cooking anything and everything in the air fryer, this air fryer quesadilla is going to become your new method every time you make quesadillas. What’s so great about a quesadilla in air fryer? It cooks in less than 5 minutes and is totally customizable. We love how easy quesadillas are at our house, try steak quesadillas, shrimp quesadillas, ground beef quesadillas or buffalo chicken quesadillas next time.
I’ve found the more I use my air fryer, the more recipes I find to make with it! Try my air fryer frozen salmon, air fryer broccoli, air fryer pita bread, and air fryer lobster tails (YES!!!) next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you make a quesadilla in an air fryer?
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make a Quesadilla in Air Fryer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Quesadillas the Whole Family
- Toppings for Air Fried Quesadillas
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Quesadillas
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
Can you make a quesadilla in an air fryer?
Yes, and the great thing about making a quesadilla in air fryer is that they cook in just 4 minutes, without having to flip or babysit!
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Everyone loves quesadillas!
- Made with just 2 ingredients
- Cooks in 4 minutes
- Great meal to serve family style
- Easy to customize and add in extra ingredients
Air Fryer Quesadilla Recipe Ingredients
To make a basic cheese quesadilla in air fryer, you’ll need just two ingredients, plus the toppings you want to include.
- Tortillas – I always suggest using whatever type of tortilla you enjoy the best. You could use flour tortillas, whole wheat, sprouted or even corn!
- Cheese – There are so many kinds of cheese that will work here. See below for more options, but to keep it really easy, buy shredded cheese.
- Veggies – Feel free to add in some sautéed or roasted veggies like bell peppers and onions. (Or use leftover sheet pan chicken fajita ingredients!)
How to Make a Quesadilla in Air Fryer
This is the type of meal that you might not need a recipe for – it’s more of a technique!
- Preheat air fryer. Turn on air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Assemble quesadillas. Sprinkle cheese onto one half of the tortilla and fold over. Close with a toothpick.
TIP: The toothpick is necessary or the air fryer air will blow the quesadilla open.
- Air fry quesadillas. Place folded quesadillas into air fryer basket. (You can probably fit two in easily, but don’t crowd it.) Cook quesadillas until lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Serve. Slice into wedges and serve with your favorite toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make air fryer chicken quesadilla?
Yes, if you want to add a protein like chicken to your quesadilla, simply add COOKED chicken (slow cooker salsa chicken would be awesome but you can also use rotisserie chicken or cubed grilled or baked chicken).
What is the best cheese for quesadillas?
You can use many different cheeses for quesadillas. The most important thing is that you choose a cheese that will melt well.
Cheeses like a Mexican cheese blend, cheddar cheese, mozzarella, or Monterey jack. Oaxaca and Chihuahua cheeses are more authentic Mexican cheeses that melt well. I prefer to buy cheese already shredded, but you can also shred your own. Up to you, just make sure to use plenty of cheese!
Quesadillas are best fresh, but you can store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat briefly in the microwave, or if you want it crispy, reheat in the air fryer at 320 degrees F for 1-2 minutes.
Can you freeze air fried quesadillas?
Yes, you can also freeze leftover quesadillas in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Simply cut into wedges and store in a stasher bag in the freezer. Let thaw before reheating.
How to Serve Quesadillas the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Quesadillas are a standard “kid” food meal at our house and it’s a great one to serve family style, meaning you let them add their own toppings without pressuring them into the vegetables – but feel free to model it.
Toppings for Air Fried Quesadillas
Quesadillas are a great meal to serve family style – make the quesadillas and then put out a spread of toppings and let everyone choose their own. You don’t need to have a ton, but choose a variety (crunchy veggies, cool dips, spicy flavors, etc.). Here are some favorites to try:
- Thinly sliced lettuce
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Chipotle Copycat Corn Salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado
- Lime juice
What to Serve with Air Fryer Quesadillas
I like to serve quesadillas with a variety of toppings to count as a veggie/side option, instead of a traditional side, but if you want to serve a side, try one of these easy side dishes:
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Cucumber Mango Salad
- Tex Mex Side Salad
- Black beans or refried beans
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like this air fryer cheese quesadilla, try one of these easy air fryer recipes next:
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer Lobster Tails
- Air Fryer Pork Sandwich
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer – Yes, you definitely need an air fryer to make air fryer quesadilla recipes!
- Chef Knife – This will quickly because your favorite knife in the kitchen.
This air fryer quesadilla recipe couldn’t be easier! Serve this quesadilla in air fryer with a bunch of toppings for a customizable meal.
- 4 flour tortillas (about 10 inch)
- 12 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- toppings as desired
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Assemble quesadillas. Place cheese and any fillings on one half of a tortilla and fold over, closing with a toothpick to seal. You can fit two quesadillas in a standard air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings. (See topping ideas in post above)
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 745.4 mg
- Fat: 27.3 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 80.8 mg
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!