Think ham and cheese is limited to a cold sandwich? Think again! This quintessential combination is as versatile as it is delicious and I’m going to show you how to turn ham and cheese into five different lunch box meals. You’ll get a different meal each day, without having unused ingredients go to waste OR spending a ton of time to make it happen.
I’m so excited to partner with Minnesota Pork to bring you these ham and cheese lunch box ideas! Pork is both versatile and healthy and we love including it in our family meals on a regular basis! (Especially in the form of ham.)
Did you know that there are more than 3,000 pig farms right here in Minnesota? These farmers care about their animals and the planet and you can learn more about the pig farming happening in our backyard here.
Thank you for supporting the brands that help bring you this free content. 🙂
5 Ham and Cheese Lunchbox Ideas Video
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Make up a batch of ham and cheese sliders and eat them throughout the week. It’s sweet and savory and a super-satisfying meal. It’s also 100% delicious for a weeknight dinner.
Ham and Cheese Sliders Lunchbox Details
- Find the recipe + instructions for these ham and cheese sliders here. You’ll need deli ham, sliced cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and Hawaiian buns.
- Serve with cucumber slices, bunny graham crackers, and a fruit if desired
Ham and Cheese Mini Frittatas
This is another great make-ahead option for rushed mornings. Bring your kids to the kitchen to help whip these up and then eat them throughout the week for a protein boost for breakfast, lunch, or a snack! They freeze well and can be reheated in about 30 seconds in the microwave.
Ham and Cheese Mini Frittatas Lunchbox Details
- Find the instructions + recipe for mini frittatas here. You’ll need eggs, onion, peppers, milk, deli ham, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with fresh berries and toast sticks for a quick breakfast or snack. Add some veggies like carrot sticks and a peanut butter & jelly smoothie or yogurt parfait for a lunch.
Ham and Cheese Lunchables
This is a favorite at our house! For everyone because it’s the easiest for the person packing (Hi, that’s probably YOU!) and for the kids because who doesn’t love a snack plate meal? Don’t feel guilty about a lunch that’s this easy, it’s just as satisfying and nutritious as the others.
Ham and Cheese Lunchables Lunchbox Details
- Find all the details for this ham and cheese lunchables here. You’ll need deli ham, cheese cubes, crackers, carrot stick, blueberries, and a puffed snack.
- Serve with crackers, carrot sticks, blueberries, and a play food like puffed snack.
Ham and Cheese Crepes
Make your own crepes or buy the frozen ones for a meal that comes together in just a few minutes.
Ham and Cheese Crepes Lunchbox Details
- Heat crepe as directed in a hot pan with butter and add sliced deli ham and shredded cheddar on top (keeping it on one half of the crepe). Heat until cheese is melted, then fold in half and fold in half again so that it’s in a triangle shape.
- Serve with a yogurt parfait, apple slices, carrot sticks and cucumbers with hummus.
Ham and Cheese Quesadillas
Like a hot ham and cheese sandwich with tortillas instead of bread!
Ham and Cheese Quesadilla Lunchbox Details
- Heat a flour (or corn) tortilla in a hot skillet and top with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, a few slices of ham, and another sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Top with second tortilla and cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping half way through.
- Serve with mini bell peppers, kiwi, strawberries, and a side of chips or crackers.