When you want, no, NEED some new lunch ideas, I’m sharing 13 interesting and different bento box lunch ideas for all of your lunch packing needs!
Homemade Lunchables – Keep it classic with the homemade version of ham and cheese lunchables. This nutritious lunch is easy to make and takes just 5 minutes!
Cute Breakfast Bento Box – Switch up your lunch routine with this fun breakfast box! With just 4 simple ingredients it takes less than 5 minutes to pack and your kids will love it for breakfast OR lunch.
Rainbow Bento Box – We all know the saying, “Eat a Rainbow!” and with this lunchbox, your kiddos will be! This rainbow lunchbox pairs a variety of fruits and veggies with simple pinwheels filled with hummus, turkey and spinach.
5 Healthy Make-Ahead Lunches – Need some quick, simple, and healthy lunches for back to school or work? I’m sharing 5 cold lunch box ideas that contain a good mix of protein, carbs & fats, along with fresh fruits & veggies to keep everyone full & satisfied.
5-Minute Tuna Salad Snack Plate – This simple combo has every component you need in a nutritious lunch and will keep you satisfied until dinner. And it’s ready in just a few minutes!
Five 5-Minute Bento Box Ideas – Have you been in a rut with your meal prep lately? Or just lacking the time? No problem! We have you covered with five 5-minute bento box ideas that are easy, affordable, and healthy! They are also a fun lunch idea for the kids.
Healthy Israeli Breakfast Bento Box – This simplified version of a Mediterranean breakfast is perfect for breakfast OR lunch. It’s a nutritious and filling meal made with just 7 simple ingredients. Your whole family will love this recipe!
Ukrainian Bento Box – This bento box idea is a quick and easy cold meal of Ukrainian sausage (kubasa/kielbasa), cubed cheddar cheese, sliced dill pickles, rye bread, crackers, mustard and baby carrots. It’s just like the late night snack you’d have at a social!
Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad Bento Box – This Chinese Mandarin Pasta Salad is packed with mini sweet peppers, mandarins, green onions, spinach and carrots, then tossed with a sesame ginger dressing and topped with Chow Mein noodles for added crunch. A make-ahead lunchbox option that’s perfect for those busy weeks!
Korean BBQ Chickpea Bento Bowl – Korean BBQ chickpeas, fresh vegetables and rice come together to make the most delicious bento bowls! These nourishing bowls are perfect for lunches and kid friendly dinners. They are packed with flavor, protein, fiber, and plant-based iron.
Vegetarian Taco Wraps – Vegetarian Taco Wraps are a simple, kid-friendly lunch. Packed with protein from black beans and Mexican flavors, this recipe will become a favorite.
Best Tools for Bento Box Lunches:
There are a few items that I use on a daily basis for packing healthy school lunchboxes. (And just lots of yummy and nutritious food.) *links below are affiliate links but does not add any additional charge to you
- ALL healthy lunch box items: Boxes, water bottles, dip containers, and more. You’ll find it all here.
- Stainless Steel Bento Boxes by LunchBots: We have a few of these (trio II and cinco) and I love them SO SO much! I like the smaller size for kids and the trio II has room for main, vegetable, fruit, and then a little spot for the fun/treat component! For larger kids and adults, the cinco is a great size.
- Dip Containers: I use the leak proof condiment containers for dips, sauces, peanut butter, and nuts.
- Thermos: Keep foods warm all morning in these thermos containers.
- Reusable Silicone Muffin Liners: These are great for keeping things separate within the bento box. I’ll put things like trail mix or crackers in the muffin liner, then squeeze it in the biggest bento section. They also work great for baking whole wheat blender muffins and egg cups!
- Food Picks: These instantly make meals fun and are an interesting alternative to forks.
- Water bottles: I serve water at lunch time, but there is never a time that we are without a water bottle! I love Contigo Kids Autospout and Kleen Kanteen Stainless Steel Sippy Cups.